Tuesday

OBG's Celebrity Passport Chronicles with Actress Sharon Leal



Originally Published:

Last week on Celebrity Passports I posted vintage passport photos of greats like Ella Fitzgerald, Sammy Davis Jr., Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Nelson Mandela, Marlon Brando and Muhammad Ali.  #coolstuff
Today, I am proud to announce the launch of OBG’s Celebrity Passport Chronicles right here on BlackAtlas, a brand new bi-monthly feature that will re-acquaint you with some of Tinseltown's favorite celebrities.  Celebrities who have been kind enough to take the time to share a few of their thoughts on travel and the value of a passport.
The first such passport advocate is actress and singer Sharon Leal, best known for movie roles like Michelle Morris in the Golden Globe Award-winning blockbuster film Dreamgirls; as Diane in two of Tyler Perry’s box office hits Why Did I Get Married? and Why Did I Get Married Too?; and as Kari Ames in On the 7th Day, the sequel to T.D. Jakes' Woman Thou Art Loosed. With a resume chock-full of box office, television and theatre successes, I think it’s pretty cool that Sharon took time from her shooting schedule to answer a few of my questions right here on OBG’s Celebrity Passport Chronicles.


OBG: Where is your hometown?
Sharon: Although I was born in Tuscon, Arizona and spent time in the Phillippines as a child, my family moved to Fresno, California when I was 10 years old.

OBG: How old were you when you got your first passport?
Sharon: My parents got me my first passport when I was just a toddler.

OBG: In what country did your get your first passport stamp?
Sharon: My mother is from the Philippines, so that is where I got my very first passport stamp as a small child.

OBG: In what country did you get your last passport stamp?
Sharon: My last passport stamp was from a pleasure trip to Nassau, Bahamas.  My family and I really enjoy the Atlantis Resort.

OBG: What are your top three favorite destinations in the US?
Sharon: Napa, California / New York City / Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

OBG: What are your top three favorite destinations outside of the US?
Sharon: Paris / Thailand / Italy

OBG: Any closing thoughts?
Sharon: The value of a passport is immense. Traveling the world brings heightened perspective on culture and different walks of life. It also allows you to step out of your routines and truly explore life. Live to the fullest degree. Cheers to that!
OBG: Yes indeed, Sharon! Cheers to that!
***

Want to hear more from Sharon?  You can stay connected with her on both Facebook and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment